Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Totally Gorjuss #86

Trying a new Challenge at Totally Gorjuss.  The theme was ribbons and lace.  The technique is from Technique Junkies and is called Totally Texture.  All the paper is from Paper Temptress.  The paper I used was Mangue Sparkle, Solar Yellow Pearlescent and Vintage Silver Luster.  This is sort of odd for me, but there is not stamping on the the card.  I wanted a sentiment, but couldn't decide how I wanted it on there, so I decided to wait until I need it.  

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stamp Royalty #76

I made this card for my second post on the Paper Temptress Blog.  So that being said all the beautiful paper comes from Paper Temptress.  I have used Azelea Mica/Metallic, Neenah Super Smooth Ivory and Green Basis.  The color combo was inspired by the challenge at Stamp Royalty.  The stamp I used is made by Penny Black.  I stamped the image in Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  Colored it with Copic markers and added the glitter.  The wonderful ribbon also came from Paper Temptress. 

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #109

Here is my card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.  The background is made with a technique from Technique Junkies called Sanded Whitewash.  The flower stamp is from All Night Media and I colored the flower with colored pencils and gamsol.  This is a new coloring technque for me.  With practice it has some possibilities.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #108

This card was inspired by the sketch at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.  It may be stretching the bounderies a little, but isn't that what a challenge is all about?  I went to a Rubber stamp convention a couple of weeks and a friend from one of my Yahoo groups helped us make some beautiful flowers.  I actually had a lot of the punches already so decided to pull them out.  All the paper used is from Paper Temptress.  The cardstock used is Burgunday Basis, Candido Incandescent, Green Basis, and Pink Basis.  Love the sheen the Candido gave the dogwood blossoms.  Also the Basis line is great because it is nice and think and punches beautifully.  The wonderful grid background is an A2 Frame Die from Cheery Lynn Designs.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just Us Girls---Technique Challenge

Trying to play catch up on cards I need for June.  The challenge at Just Us Girls was to use the technique called Woodgraining that had been on Stamp TV.  This was a fun one and made for a great background.  The image I used is from Mangenta. 

Party Time Tuesday #20

The challenge at Party Time Tuesday is Father's Day.  This is my Father's Day card for my dad.  This card uses a technique from Technique Junkies called Vintage Art.  I did modify it slightly because I wanted a little bit of color.  I added a little glitter chalk in several spots.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Stamp Royalty Challenge #75

I love new techniques.  The Try It Thursday technique at Technique Junkies this week was the Giraffe technique.  I have no giraffe stamps, so it reminded me of cobble stones.  I needed a father's day card so here it is.  I colored the image with twinkling H2O.  The Challenge at Stamp Royalty was to make a Father's Day card. 

Monday, June 6, 2011

DYSU #22---Orange

The challenge at Do You Stack Up this week is orange.  Here is the card I made for a swap.  I colored the rose with colored pencils.  This is sort of new for me, but thought I would give it a try.

MMSC #106

Here is my card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. The sketch from Midnight Madness and the technique  is called acrylic emboss from Technique Junkies.  This is a card for a relative that is turning one.  Should be perfect for Trey. 

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

CPS # 220

Here is my card for the challenge at Card Positioning Systems.  I used their sketch to make this card.  The background technique is called distressed letterpress and came from Stamp TV.  The image is from Stampendous.  I colored the image with copic markers

Technique Junkies Try it Thursday

The challenge this week was to used the Cuttlequilt technique.  I first I didn't know what sort of pattern to make.  This is what I came up with.  All the paper is from Paper Temptress.  I used Solar Yellow Pearlescent, Eclipse Black and Laser Silver Luster.  I love the glitz. I made the embellishment myself.  I used a 1" circle covered with the best glue ever.  The ribbon is actually fiber that I bought in a roll (you get a lot of yardage when you go down the yarn isle).  I just folded it around and pushed it into the glue.  Second layer is a smaller circle also covered with glue and then fiber folded and placed into glue.