Friday, September 7, 2012

Post for Paper Temptress

This is my post for Paper Temptress this week. I am finally getting a chance to play with one of the overlay sheets by Hambly Studio. The one that I used on this card is called Orange Mod Circles. The base of this card is Neenah Supersmooth Ivory. I decided to change my format a little. The Neenah piece is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I then cute a piece of the Treasures Grass to 5 x 7 1/2 and folded that in half to make the part of the card that opens. I cut a flower out of the overlay to back the Treasures Butternut flower and then used a piece of it as accent on the Basis Brown also. The flower and sentiment is Treasures Butternut. I used a brown cat eye stamp pad to highlight the edge of the Ivory base.
One thing to note. I was on Pinterest the other day and they had a bracelet made of buttons. I loved the way they put the ends of the twine through the button and then formed a knot. I thought this would be perfect for attaching a button to a card. By the way the nice Natural Jute Twine also came from Paper Temptress.

2 comments:

loz said...

Gorgeous Bright Card Vickie..Loz

Carey said...

Great card my friend.

Carey and Roscoe