Monday, February 8, 2016

Faux Felt


I was looking for a different look for my post.  This is a technique I found in my Technique Junkies Newsletters called Faux Felt.  You take the cardstock and run it through a paper crimper multiple times in different directions. This breaks down the fibers . Once you have done that multiple times you start at one corner and separate the top and bottom layers apart.  Use the inside portion as the part that will be showing.  It makes a rough look like felt.  The good thing about Paper Temptress paper is that is so nice and thick.
The base for this card  and the sentiment is Neenah Super Smooth Ivory.  I  used a Hambly Overly backed with Green Basis for the next layer.  The background for the tree is Green Basis, the tree is Brown Basis, the top of the tree is Olive Basis and the sun is Gold Basis.
 


No comments: