Sunday, June 11, 2017

Wood Planks for Father's Day

I was looking for a different look for Father's Day.  My sister-in-law recently taught me how to make the wood planks.

I used the Brown bag cardstock for the base of the card and for the planks.  I cut a piece of the Brown Bag cardstock to 3 3/4 x 4 inches.  I used a sort of dry dark brown stamp pad to make the wood marks on the cardstock.  You  can then stamp whatever you want on the piece.  There are (5) 3/4 inch pieces cut.  Paper should be layed with the 3 3/4 inch side laid left to right.  I edged the planks with a dark brown ink pad.  To make it easier to assemble I cut a piece of cardstock 3 3/4 x 3.  I raised by planks a little with foam mounting tape.  I used the 3 3/4 x 3 piece to apply my planks to.  The first plank can be put right on the edge and all the rest will follow.

The second layer is Eggplant Brown Bag.  I sort of messed up here.  The cardstock is no longer available.  There is a color called Cranberry Brown Bag that would do the trick.  I roughed the edge a little and applied dark purple ink around the edge.  It needed a little bit of something so I added the twine.

No comments: