I needed to do a card using Distress Inks for my Yahoo swap so thought I would use that card for my Paper Temptress post. The main image here is stamped on the wonderful Cryogen White cardstock. The great thing about the cryogen cardstock is that it has that wonderful little bit of sheen to it. It also takes the color so beautifully. I colored my image with distress markers and then used distress ink around the edge for some vintage effect. In trying to use some of my stash of supplies I also applied Distress Crackle Paint to the main image. The pink layer that offsets the main image is Razzleberry Pop. I just love the deep rich color. The background and main card is from Light Green Basis. I applied Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber--Snow Cap to my stamp. Did the stamping and dried it with a heat gun. I then took several of the distress inks and applied them with the applicator. You then mist a paper towel and rub over the cardstock to show the white images. Also added a small piece of lace for more of the vintage look. The small sentiment tag is also cut form the Light green Basis.This is my entry for Make it Monday this week
This card is a swap for one of my Yahoo groups. The sketch came from one of the members. Thought this would be a good card to enter in the Make it Monday post I am really trying to use some of my supplies. I don't really use DP very often because I really like to make my own paper to match what I am doing, or use embossing folders. But I have so much paper so I decided to dig some out. My goal is to really try and use some of those supplies that I just had to have. I know a couple of my Yahoo friends do look at my blog, but the person this went to doesn't . Have a fantatastic week.
Here is a card I made for a guy at work who is having a birthday on Friday. I used the sketch from Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge for the card. The paper used for the card is from Paper Temptress.. The white cardstock is Cryogen White. It has a little sparkle to it and colors great with copic markers. The blue base is Treasures Pool. The orange diagonal piece is Butternut Orange and the stars are punched out of Black Pearl Glossy.
This a card I made for a Yahoo swap that I was doing. The technique is called Embossed Puzzle from Technique Junkies. You emboss a piece of cardstock, cut it apart and then color the individual pieces. Once colored you put the pieces back together. This is my entry for Make it Monday this week. I really like the bright colors.
This is my post for Paper Temptress this week. I am finally getting a chance to play with one of the overlay sheets by Hambly Studio. The one that I used on this card is called Orange Mod Circles. The base of this card is Neenah Supersmooth Ivory. I decided to change my format a little. The Neenah piece is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I then cute a piece of the Treasures Grass to 5 x 7 1/2 and folded that in half to make the part of the card that opens. I cut a flower out of the overlay to back the Treasures Butternut flower and then used a piece of it as accent on the Basis Brown also. The flower and sentiment is Treasures Butternut. I used a brown cat eye stamp pad to highlight the edge of the Ivory base.
One thing to note. I was on Pinterest the other day and they had a bracelet made of buttons. I loved the way they put the ends of the twine through the button and then formed a knot. I thought this would be perfect for attaching a button to a card. By the way the nice Natural Jute Twine also came from Paper Temptress.
Scrap and Stamp Art March 2009 pg 18 April 2009 pg 42 September 2009 pg 16 December 2009 pg 50 January 2010 pg 20 (two cards) March 2010 pg 42 April 2010 pg 42 July 2010 pg 19 April 2011 pg 16 2nd place in Turquoise and Black Challenge September 2011 pg 23 January 2012 pg 18 October 2012 pg 17
I am a medical technologist at a hospital in Southeast Missouri. I work full time and love to do paper crafts and make cards. Actually I love most crafts, but have limited time to do them. I have 2 children and 3 dogs.