Thursday, March 29, 2012

Make it Monday82 and Party Time Tuesday 61

This is my post for the Paper Temptress Community Blog today. I also like to submit a card every week to Make it Monday. Also this week the theme at Party Time Tuesday is anything goes. I just love techniques, so in looking through my Technique Junkies newsletters I found the Smooch Painted Texture technique. I had some of the smooch paint that I just thought I had to have and have rarely used . For this technique you emboss the image and then paint it with the smooch paint. Very simple, but gives a nice effect and helped me to use some of the supplies in my stash. I love the deep red color of the accent paper which is the wonderul Cardinal Red Treasure. The image was embossed on the Cryogen White , so it has a little sparkle to it which goes along with the pearl look of the smooch. The card itself is made of Neenah Solar White. I also added a small red bow with Burgandy Metallic Mesh. This ribbon is just a joy to make bows out of because it holds the shape so well and has great texture.

3 comments:

Rene said...

How lovely!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry, being sure to mention you saw them on Make it Monday, for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
Rene :D

loz said...

Very Beautiful card and colours Vickie. Saw this on MIM.. Loz

Mary J said...

So pretty Vickie! The flowers are so gorgeous - you should enter this into the MilkCoffee challenge for their flower theme!

Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x