Sunday, November 15, 2015

Woodgrain technique



This was post for Paper Temptress today. This is a technique I saw online at Gina K designs.  In the video they used kraft colored paper.  I decided the brown bag would be perfect.  It has a rough texture to it that I thought would be perfect for a woodgrain look.  I took a dark brown stamp pad and gently rubbed it over the  Brown Bag cardstock always going the same way.  I went from the top to the bottom.  I then stamped the mosaic pattern.

I actually made two woodgrain  pieces.  One is used for the base and I cut the two sections from the second piece.  I mounted the two cut pieces with Cranberry Brown Bag and Olive cardstock.  The images were from Stampin' Up and were stamped on Neenah Super Smooth Ivory.  The base of the card is Cranberry Brown Bag and the second layer is Olive . What I actually used for the Olive layer is no longer available and was called Brown Bag Olive.

The images were colored with colored pencils.  I used a technique from Technique Junkies called Glossy Outlines on the leaves.  To do this technique you outline some of the main images with stickles.

No comments: